Quite often dog trainers do not realize that there is more to knowing how to train dogs when it comes to owning your own business. You need to know how to do a bunch of other things in order to have a successful business. This article will cover some of those things.
1. Getting the customer. Yes finding customers and convincing them that you are the dog trainer for the job is a very important aspect of any dog training business. In order to do this successfully in the 21st century you need a website with a way or better yet multiple ways for your prospective clients to contact you.
2. Setting yourself above the other trainers in your area. Yes you need something that makes you more appealing than any of the other trainers in town. That can be as simple as special offers, guarantees or maybe a free monthly group training session for your clients that have completed one of your programs.
3. Offer what dog owners are looking for. If you only offer group classes for example you loose all the dog owners that want private lessons or maybe even board and train programs. The more services you have to offer then the more revenue streams you have created and in turn the more clients you will get
4. Add other unique revenue streams to your business. For example you can have a behavior program or you might enjoy learning how to train detection dogs. Training dogs for drug work can be very profitable and law enforcement agencies all over the country want a dog for their department. Another big thing at the moment is bed bug detection dogs and people all over the country are buying them to help with their bed bug detection or pest control businesses.
5. Knowing how to train dogs is very important however there are many other things that are just as important to make your dog training business successful. Working with a coach is very important for any type of business. Most successful people have worked with a coach at some point. However I find that dog trainers never seem to take the plunge and invest time to work with a coach that can make their business more successful.
Don’t make that mistake find a coach and make your business prosper. Let somebody that has experience and knowledge that maybe you don’t have help you make your business everything you hoped for and more.
Get more ideas on how to make your dog training business more successful by getting my FREE Tips, Tricks and Tactics.
Until next time…